Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Baby Legs

Now that Ivy is finally crawling, I busted out a pair of babylegs to protect her little knees. She's been doing an army crawl since before Christmas but she's only been using her hands and knees for the past couple of weeks! Now she is all over the place. I need to get the stairways gated off.
Her legs look awkward in this one -- she is so flexible!
Ivy is learning a lot of baby signs. Here she is panting for "dog." It's so fun that she's found her tongue.
Millie has decided it is pretty cool to have a sister and she always wants to "play" with Ivy. She hates when it's time for Ivy's nap; she tells me, "Ivy's not tired. She wants to play with me."
Another person Millie absolutely adores playing with is her cousin Nora. This morning they were both butterfly fairies. During this time Millie would not let Nora wear the dress up shoes because they have Sleeping Beauty on them and therefore can only be worn with the Sleeping Beauty dress (Millie's rule not mine). Then somehow that led to an argument about weather Sleeping Beauty had a castle or not. Millie insisted she did and Nora insisted she didn't. In my efforts to distract them I suggested they watch the movie. A few minutes later I heard Millie tell Nora, "See she has a castle." And Nora replies in her adorable voice, "Oh, I ditn't know she hat one." It was really cute.

7 comments:

Katie McCaul said...

How cute! I love the baby legs...now she will soon be walking.

Cameron and BreAnn said...

What exactly are 'baby legs'? I don't think I've ever heard of them. Your kids are so cute! I can't wait for Aydrie to be old enough where Brayden will have a little playmate around. At the same time, I want her to stay a baby forever. Glad things are going well for you!

Natée said...

Millie is so spunky! At first I thought you were talking about Alexis' Nora... how fun that you have two nieces named Nora.

I love baby legs... they didn't have them when Roxy was a baby. The older kids wear them on their arms. It's so 1980's. I love it!

Mike and Traci said...

I absolutely love that you girls like to play together! How many years apart are your girls? Do you like the distance or would you do it differently? It seems just perfect! Also, where did you get the baby legs? They are so cute!

Diane said...

Yay Ivy! Barbara said Mark mentioned that Ivy looked like a little worm doing her army crawl. I'm glad she figured it out. Nora's too funny.

Cornish Pal said...

That's fun she is crawling!

P.S. I wasn't sure if Cinderella had one either.

Hayley Neil said...

Go Ivy! I love those Babylegs! Cute conversation between Millie and Nora. I can't wait for all that girlie stuff!