Sunday, February 1, 2009

High School Tag

This really tested me. It was really hard to remember some of this stuff. I must be getting old!

1. Did you date someone in high school? Yes, I always thought I needed a boyfriend . . . how dumb!
2. What kind of car did you drive? A Geo Metro and my parents' ancient min-van my sophomore year and a Hundai Elantra my junior and senior year.
3. Did you pass your driver's license test the first time? Yes! I took driver's ed during the summer so I had lots of time to study.
4. Were you a party animal? Not really. I always wanted to be doing something fun, but usually "parties" were pretty boring.
5. Were you considered a flirt? Probably.
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Orchestra for a year or two and choir for three years.
7. Were you a nerd? I always did my homework, and got pretty good grades. (I think I graduated with a 3.8 or 3.9 GPA)
8. Were you on any varsity teams? Nope. I am so not an athlete.
9. Did you ever get suspended or expelled? Nope. I got caught the one and only time I sloughed a class (during which time I was in the library working on College Algebra homework!) and cried and cried when I had to tell my mom.
11. Who were your favorite teachers? Connie Good was awesome, Lauri Canales was the best math teacher in the world and Greg Dettinger was so nice to me.
12. Where did you sit at lunch? The cafeteria. I remember I was always starving by lunch time. I wish I would have eaten better at breakfast and brought something healthy to snack on mid-day.
13. School mascot: Templar
14. School colors: Red, Black and White
15. Did you go to homecoming and who with? I only went once -- my junior year. I went with this guy I was dating from Salt Lake, it was really dumb. Aside from this, my junior prom was the only other boys'-choice dance I got asked to. Man, I must have been such a looser!
16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? I really think I would. I would do everything so differently now. I would be so much happier. But hindsight is always 20/20 right?
17. What do you remember most about graduation? Shopping for an outfit that would never be seen under that white gown.
18. Where did you go on Senior Skip Day? Lagoon, but I seriously can't remember if I went! Did I?
19. Were you in any clubs? National Honor Society (but I only remember meeting 2 or 3 times)
20. Have you gained weight since then? Yes, I gained the "freshman 20" in college but I'm glad to report that I've lost it now -- plus some :)
21. Who was your prom date? Buck Barney, and being the self-absorbed snot that I was, I was very disappointed. Mostly I was just so mad at Chris Canales for telling people that he was going to ask me, because then none of my guy friends would even consider asking me. But I guess they had plenty of other opportunities to take me to dances and never did, so chances are they wouldn't have asked me anyway. Now I see I was so lucky Buck asked me or I probably wouldn't have went at all! The greatest thing was that my best friend Maria Bergane was in my group (she really didn't care for her date either and we both cried when we were asked). The Prom is just so over-rated; our expectations were way too high.
22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Yes. I'm looking forward to it.
23. Did you have a job while in high school? Several (not all at once). Malt Shop, Clean Flicks, Sanpete Messenger Newspaper . . . I think there was another, but I can't remember.
24. Worst class? Chemistry, I totally did not understand the teacher's "teaching methods." It was a horrible fit and I had to drop out. It's too bad too, because I usually did well in science classes.
25.Favorite class? Seminary, Physiology, Speech and Drama, Choir, English, Spanish!

Now I tag anyone who thought this was fun to read. (OK, I'll give you permission to do it even if you didn't enjoy reading mine. Yours will probably be more interesting :)

5 comments:

Diane said...

This was super fun to read.

Katie McCaul said...

I loved reading it somethings I didn't know. You always had a boyfriend why didn't you go to the date dances? not fun? I wish I could remember if you were at senior skip day...I just remember Jason and I hanging with Cameron and I am not even sure who else I am sure just his friends because us dumb girls ditch our friends for our man.

Margie said...

I love that the only time you ditched class was to do homework! I remember skipping class to read a book in the library and a teacher came by and said, "No one's ever going to get you in trouble for being in the library reading." (or something like that) Fun list, thanks for sharing!

Katie said...

I must know you pretty well because there weren't many surprises in here--just the sluffing one. How funny! I can't boast of such a record myself.

Natée said...

This was a fun tag. I will have to find my prom pictures for you. They're always good for at least 9 minutes of non-stop laughing.