Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What a night!

Last night (around 2:30 a.m.) Millie woke up with a scream and started crying. When I went to get her she was terrified and told me that she "heard the wicked witch." (I guess she won't be watching Snow White again for a while.) After calming her down, I put her back in bed. But minutes later the smoke detector started beeping with a low battery and scared her again. So Mark got her and put her in our bed, and then the noise woke up Ivy, so Mark brought her to me as well, while he went and took down the smoke detector and took out the battery then he got back in bed with us. Millie was really cute and snugly and kept saying the cutest things (of which I can't remember because of the hour). I remember telling her that she was cute and she replied "I know I'm cute." Then Millie decided she was hungry so Mark took her down to the kitchen for "breakfast." It was pretty funny. I think we were all finally back to sleep by 4 a.m. What a night!

4 comments:

Katie McCaul said...

That sounds like a fun night!!! You got to love those late nights but they are so cute and sweet that it doesn't bother you that it is way to late to be up, or should I say early :)

MIMI n' LINCOLN RULE!! said...

seriously what a night.

i had no idea mark was a biker and a long distance biker. that's so impressive.

Diane said...

I know that it can be hard when you want to be asleep, but I love those times late at night. It's like special "quiet" alone time with that child. How funny that Millie associated the beeping smoke detector with the wicked witch. I heard the funny story about Millie having to go potty if she wanted a cookie. =) (I'm glad you've posted more recently.)

Cornish Pal said...

What's for breakfast at 4 a.m.? LOL that sounds like an eventful night.