Friday, October 10, 2008

My Grandma Nora

I failed to mention that my sister's baby was named after our 97-year-old paternal grandmother Nora Rust Mickelson. Baby Nora is my Grandma's 101 or 102 great-grandchild and the first to carry her name. Probably because Grandma used to threaten anyone who considered using the name, since she never liked it while growing up -- silly Grandma. But now that someone has defied her wishes, she doesn't think it's so bad. She was thrilled to meet her namesake and told Alexis that she was flattered.
My grandma is an amazing woman. She's such a hard worker and a devoted disciple of Christ. I hope I grow up to be just like her.
Baby Nora's middle name, Jane, is also my mother's middle name and my maternal grandmother's middle name and the middle name that all my sisters and myself wanted as a child since none of us had a middle name.

3 comments:

Diane said...

I'm glad you included a picture of your grandma. My sisters and I always wanted middle names too. =)

Heather said...

That is a great picture with grandma. I still need to get one with her and Cecilia.

p.s. You've been tagged on my blog.

redreba said...

Nora is my grandfather, Arlin Potter, aunt who help raise him while living in eastern Utah.