Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Melanie

It took six years for my German sister Melanie to make it back to the United States for a visit, but it was well worth the wait! It was so good to see her and we had so much fun together! So I guess not much has changed since she came to live with my family for 10 months back in 2002 as a foreign exchange student.
I have a ton of pictures from her stay and had a hard time deciding which to post. So here are just a few of the highlights:
Pickup trucks are not common in Europe so Melanie was dieing to take Mark's for a test drive. I hopes it lived up to her expectations.
We went to Manti to visit my family and enjoyed an afternoon at the swimming pool.
Then my family came to Logan to hang out and watch me in the play, and visit Minnetonka Cave (near Bear Lake).
The night before Melanie's return flight, we ate at Café Sabor. It was so sad knowing she would be leaving in the morning.
After Mark and I dropped her off at the airport, we went to breakfast and then to a store where Mark had to pick up a bathtub for work. By that time it was time for Melanie's departure. I watch several planes take off and most likely saw her plane (although I'll never know). I hope it won't take another 6 years before I see her again. Maybe it's time for me to make another trip to Europe!

2 comments:

Anna said...

i remember having some good times with her, too! that's so great that you guys still keep in touch. i think maybe you should take another trip to europe! :)

Katie McCaul said...

How fun!