Monday, August 31, 2009

Project: Guest Room

A while back I mentioned that Mark missed the Mickelson family reunion in order to work on a project. That day he built the closet pictured above and over the next 2.5 weeks he made a guest room and bathroom out of the empty wall frames that stood in our unfinished basement.
I forgot to upload the "before" picture but I'm sure you all know what an unfinished basement looks like. Mark worked like crazy to get it done in time for our special house guest (whom I will blog more about in my next post). His labors included: electrical and plumbing work; hanging sheetrock, baseboard, casing, taping, mudding, caulking and painting the walls; sealing the cement floor; installing the vanity, mirror, lights, tub-surround and a bunch of other things I'm sure I've forgotten. Thanks-a-million honey!
Of course Mark did all the real work, but I felt like I had a million and one decisions to make, and kept busy (repeatedly) visiting stores all over town to make them, so it was work for me as well :)
P.S. We expect more visitors now. Hint, hint.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Wow! It looks great. I love the blue. It's like a picture perfect bed and breakfast. Millie told me that Melanie stayed downstairs, but I was imagining it the way I last saw it. She told me that there was a rug on the ground for Melanie, so, I didn't think that meant she had a room all to herself. =) Great job Mark! Tamber, you have great taste. Good job on all the decisions.

Curren and Marcee said...

Mark is so talented! Such a good quality in a husband to be able to build stuff! I love the rooms, especially the blue tones, they are so relaxing:)