Friday, December 14, 2007

It's a girl!




Ivy Josephine Weston was born Tuesday, Dec. 11 2007 at 8:43 p.m. She weighed 6 lbs. 1 oz., was 19.5" long and has a head-full of black hair. Mom and baby are both happy and healthy and came home on Thursday.
I didn't plan to have this little one so early, but my doctor decided to induce labor after Ivy failed to grow over several weeks. She said the risks of having a premature baby pale in comparison to that of having a still-born baby, so we got her out of there! Luckily she wasn't premature and is just fine.
I am so happy to have another girl, she and Millie are going to be so cute together. I hope they are always the best of friends. I am thrilled to have a healthy baby. Millie was in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) when she was born, and so I am so happy we didn't have to do that again with our tiny Ivy.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Your new baby, Ivy Josephine, is very precious. This word is from Lia. Ivy Josephine is so cute. She's a cute little girl.

From Lia

Katie said...

Tamber,

I love the purple. It fits you much better! Your pictures are precious and so is Ivy!

Joni said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you. I am glad that everything went well and that you are now home with both of your sweet girls. I am so excited to see little Ivy in person!

Hayley Neil said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you! Ivy is beautiful! I can't wait to see her and you. Great job Tamber!

Tatsiana said...

Dearest Tamber! Congratulations!!!! She is beautiful and I am so happy for you two being well! You are a great example of patience to me - you DID go through the pregnancy without knowing the gender. I am sure you and Mark and Millie are so excited. Wish you all the best in the world! Kiss Ivy for me.

Tatsiana said...

Tamber, both of your daughters have these the most attractive lips! I wonder from whom they got them... :0)

Barbara Weston said...

I can't wait to see Ivy again. Let us know about the doctor's appointment.